Addiction Treatment Coverage with United Healthcare Insurance in Athens, GA
Due to the Affordable Care Act, insurance carriers are now providing coverage to those who need addiction services. Fortunately, the federal government now sees addiction for what it is: a disease needing proper treatment. Nonetheless, the coverage details still vary depending on the benefit plan, the type of coverage, and the company itself. For this reason, it is important to understand general knowledge about insurance as a whole. The details for United Healthcare insurance coverage include:
- PPO Plans
- Higher monthly premiums
- Flexibility between in network and out of network providers
- Possible higher out of pocket medical costs
- Do not require referrals for any services
- When visiting out of network providers, there will be a higher fee and separate deductible
- May have to file claims before getting reimbursed when getting services
- HMO Plans
- Lower monthly premium
- Little flexibility with seeing providers out of network
- Less out of pocket costs
- Primary Care Physician coordinates your care services
- Must first meet with PCP before getting a referral to a specialist
- Must stay in network
- Out of network only covered in true medical emergencies
- Don’t have to file claims because the insurance works with the provider directly
Along with this general knowledge, it is important to know about the insurance provider services in Athens, GA:
- TriTerm Medical Insurance
- Offers a 3 year coverage plan
- Lower coinsurance and copays
- May NOT offer coverage for substance abuse treatment in Georgia
- Fixed Indemnity Insurance
- No deductible is applies
- Coverage starts on the first dollar spent
- Benefit payed varies depending on plan level and service
- May not cover all addiction treatments in Georgia
- Short term Health Insurance
- Primarily used to bridge gaps in between coverage
- Deductible and coinsurance may apply
- May not cover all addiction treatments in the state of Georgia
Can I Use Medicare or Medicaid
If you do not have insurance with United Healthcare or any other company, there is still hope to receive coverage. Moreover, there are actually a few solutions to this problem. A possible solution might include using: Medicaid, Medicare, or pay assistance.
There are a few centers in each of Georgia’s major cities that will take Medicare. For this reason, if you are 65 or older and have an addiction, it may be best to seek out help with treatment. However, it is important to remember that no distinct benefit category exists for substance abuse treatment. Nevertheless, Medicare can cover expenses they deem when reasonable and necessary. This means, if an addiction is serious enough, there is a chance someone can get full or partial coverage.
Similar to Medicare, there are some centers in major cities that take Medicaid. This insurance coverage is mostly for those who have low income and no other way to provide coverage for themselves. Overall, this is an excellent option for those who suffering from addiction. Despite the common belief that those in poverty cannot get treatment, in reality it is now more accessible than ever. This includes both inpatient hospital treatment, as well as outpatient treatment. Above all, most facilities believe in helping those who suffer from substance abuse. However, it is up to you to ask for help.
Fortunately, in the very unlikely circumstance that you cannot find coverage anywhere, there is still assistance. Furthermore, this payment assistance comes directly from the addiction recovery center you are going to attend. This means, in order to find access this help or a sliding fee scale, you will need to contact the center directly.
How We Can Help
In conclusion, United Healthcare is a great option of insurance that can help you get the addiction care you need. When you sign up with a United Healthcare PPO plan, you can expect to pay higher premiums but have better access to care. In contrast, if you sign up for a HMO plan, you can expect to pay a lower premium but have to work with a primary care physician. Luckily, in this scenario, you can choose a primary care physician that knows your needs and what help to give you. Likewise, if you are 65 or older, Medicare is another insurance tool you can use. Similarly, if you have a lower bit of income coming in each year, you can receive help through Medicaid. Regardless of the coverage that you have, there is also sliding scale fee payment assistance programs at some centers in the Athens, GA area.
If you or a loved one has an addiction and needs to get help, call 706-480-8733 to talk to an addiction specialist. They can help you get everything you need to be successful in your recovery. Don’t wait, call the number to start healing again.